About our ISO/IEC 20000 Scheme
What is ISO/IEC 20000?
ISO/IEC 20000 is the international standard specifically for IT Service Management. It describes an integrated set of management processes which form a service management system for the effective delivery of services to the business and its customers.
ISO/IEC 20000 is aligned with and complementary to the process approach defined within ITIL.
ISO/IEC 20000 consists of several parts:
- ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 (Part 1) is the formal specification and defines the requirements for a service management system. The scope includes:
- General requirements for a service management system
- Design and transition of new or changed services
- Service delivery process
- Relationship processes
- Resolution processes
- Control processes.
- ISO/IEC 20000-2:2012 (Part 2) ISO/IEC 20000-2:2012 (Part 2) Provides guidance on the application of service management systems, including best practices for service management processes within the scope of ISO/IEC 20000-1.
- ISO/IEC TR 20000-3 (Part 3) contains guidance on scope definition and applicability of Part 1.
Various other parts supplement these three with guidance and information on specific aspects and uses of the standard.
The ISO/IEC 20000 IT Service Management Certification Scheme was initially created by itSMF and is now owned and operated by The APM Group Ltd. Organizations seeking recognition of the quality of their IT processes against the ISO/IEC 20000 standard can achieve organizational certification through our scheme.
Registered Certification Bodies
Organizations seeking certification are assessed by one of our authorized Registered Certification Bodies (RCBs). RCBs are granted permission to operate by APM Group, and may issue certificates bearing the official scheme logos to organizations that successfully meet the requirements of the scheme. If you would like to be able to issue ISO/IEC 20000 certificates under our scheme, read about how to become an RCB here.
Qualifications for Individuals
APMG-International owns and operates the ISO/IEC 20000 qualification schemes formerly managed by itSMF. Individuals can demonstrate their expertise in understanding and applying the standard by undertaking a training course and exam at Foundation and Practitioner levels. There is also an Auditor qualification available. All three exams also carry credits towards ITIL® Expert qualification.
Find out more about the aims and structure of the qualifications, and a full list of training providers, at the APMG-International website.